Centers of Excellence
AIMS Center for Community Services (ACCS)
The ACCS was established in July 2009. Before July 2009 the community services were been carried out by the Department of Social Work, AIMS but it was given a status of ‘Centre of Excellence’ in 2009 to make the students of other departments participate in the activities to accomplish following objectives.
- To imbibe the feeling of reciprocity among the students, i.e. serving the community back as it serves us.
- To involve all the departments and their students collectively in the work.
- To bring about social change in the surrounding urban and rural communities.
- To strengthen sense of civic responsibility of young people.
- Building habitat in the needy villages
- Conducting blood donation camps in the college premises
- Conducting recreational programmes for under privileged children, women and youth
- Extension services such as health camps for women and aged, veterinary camp, Empowerment of SHGs
- Building Sanitation facilities in rural areas
- Helping various voluntary and Non-Government Organisations in conducting a variety of programmes for their clientele
- A house was built for a differently able person in Janapanahalli
- Two toilets were constructed for the primary school children in Bellibetlahalli