Centers of Excellence
AIMS Center for Student Welfare (ACSW)
AIMS Center for Student Welfare was incepted exclusively 'for the students' in the year 2007. Providing Mentorship and personalized attention for the students are the founding principles of ACSW. Mentoring care brings the students a sense of self worth and self acceptance. It enhances the students' identity. It fosters the personal and social development of an individual. It not only creates the sense of self worth but also a sense of belonging. Thus the overarching goal of ACSW is to ensure the total 'well being' and holistic development of the students by inculcating in them the spirit of team work, leadership, values of ethical behaviour and a deep concern for society. ACSW aims to translate the VISION of AIMS: to transform youth into truly educated professionals of global excellence with the deep concern for society.
ACSW provides the guidance and supports the students through mentoring. Successful Mentoring is of paramount importance to the ACSW. Mentoring creates the opportunities for the students to develop their potential by participating together in intellectual, spiritual, social, cultural, athletic and service activities. Facilitating sustained interaction between mentor-mentee and awareness generation through regular programmes, mentoring fosters in the student -mentees the responsibility for self, community and public. The Anti-ragging Committee of ACSW aims to curb and remove the evil of misconduct and ill behaviour of any student towards mental and physical harassment of new students by constant vigil, surveillance and prompt action.
To offer ample scope for opportunities , motivation , facilities and support to students for holistic development, capacity building , leadership alongside the pursuit for academic excellence.
- Reach out to the students whenever they need support through mentoring and confidence building
- Interact with the mentoring coordinators regularly by holding monthly meetings to facilitate and supervise effective functioning of the mentoring program
- Facilitate Sponsorship for students to participate in inter-collegiate fests and events
- Organize socio-cultural and extra-curricular activities to foster interpersonal relations and leadership skills
- Monitor welfare activities of students- physical, intellectual, psychological, moral and aesthetic
- Arrange for professional / therapeutic counseling, if needed