10000 WOMEN ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
LOCAL DELIVERY PARTNER FOR BENGALURU:
AIMS (ACHARYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & SCIENCES)
Launched by Goldman Sachs, 10,000 Women is a global initiative that will increase the number of under-served women entrepreneurs receiving a business and management education. This initiative is built on the premise that partnerships between education, development, and business experts can help bring about significant change through improved business education for women entrepreneurs.
The Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad is the academic partner for the 10,000 Women initiative in India. Through this initiative, Goldman Sachs and ISB will provide a world class education that helps participants unleash their full potential, think big, and grow their businesses. AIMS is the local delivery partner for ISB in conducting the program in Bengaluru.
The objective of the Program is to provide under-served business women with a business and management education and thus help them grow the business. Participants shall not be charged any fee, either for the education or for any of the facilities.
To ensure that the initiative benefits the most deserving candidates, the program targets businesses and businesswomen that satisfy the following criteria:
- The business is owned or co-owned by the applicant
- The business has been in existence for at least a year
- The business has the potential to grow through the infusion of management techniques and know-how
- The revenue turnover of the business is between Rs.5,00,000 and Rs.75,00,000 per annum
- The entrepreneur who runs the business is proficient in English
- The entrepreneur is preferably not a post-graduate in business or a PhD in any discipline
- The entrepreneur is underserved in terms of family income and family circumstances
One batch shall include a minimum of 35 participants and not more than 40 participants. This includes not more than 5 participants who are outside Bengaluru. For these outstation participants, boarding and lodging on all program teaching days will be provided, without charge.
By the end of the Program, the women entrepreneurs will be able to:
- Bridge the gap of a formal management education
- Understand the various functions that drive business
- Strengthen their business by refining their business model and move to a high growth phase
- Gear up to meet the challenges of growing competition and complexity
Duration of the Program
The Program includes 19 days of classroom instruction interspersed by on-the-job application and mentoring support. The program is spread over three months. The complete cost is borne by Goldman Sachs.
||22-27 July, 2013
||25-31 August, 2013
||07-12 October, 2013
|Last Date for receipt of application: 18th May, 2013 |
|Interview Dates: 23-24 May, 2013|
|Venue: AIMS, Peenya, Bangalore 560058|
Selection Process for GS-ISB-AIMS 10k, Batch-4, is completed and awaiting approval from ISB. The first module commences from 3rd June, 2013.
Filling up the application form does not grant admission to the programme
- There is no charge for the application form
- The Goldman Sachs Foundation will provide full scholarship to the selected candidates
However, candidates are required to pay INR 9000 at the time of interview. The fee amount
of INR 9000 will be refunded:
- To candidates who are not short-listed, within one month of the interview
- To selected candidates after one month of the completion of the programme
- In case a selected candidate drops out of the programme mid way, due to
any reason, the fee amount will be forfeited
- This is a non-residential programme. Participants are expected to commute on their own. However, outstation candidates will be provided accommodation in the hostel
- Please send filled-in application forms to:
AIMS Entrepreneurship Excellence Centre,
Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences,
Peenya, 1st Cross, 1st Stage, Bangalore 560058
Phone Nos.: +91 80 2837 6430, 4117 9588
Fax: +91 80 2837 8268
In case you need any clarifications or for further details and registration for selection, kindly contact :
Prof. K Ranganathan - Mb No. 9980008974
Prof. Rakesh Sud - Coordinator - Mb No. 9535159757
Ms Madhuri Sharma - Mb No. 9535832280
AIMS Reception - Phone No. 080 28376430 / 28390433
E-mail : email@example.com
You can also visit our Campus at the address furnished.